The Diva Book

A real life behind the scenes look at the life of the International Superstar Sangindiva...

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

And So I'm Grateful...

Get Gifs at BestCodez.com

One of my dreams growing up was to see the world.
Not just some of it... but the WHOLE thing.
The dream started because I always wanted to be somewhere else,
when I was growing up. I hated my house for various reasons- but
instead of wishing to be invisible- I wished to be somewhere else
in the world. I would read books about different places and wonder
what it would be like to have a life outside of the one I knew.
I would PRAY and PRAY and although it didn't happen right then...
it has and is still happening- And So I'm Grateful...

I just got home from the Island of St. Vincent (and the) Grenadines.


(Frankie, ME and Joey)

I must say it was very...Interesting.
It took a loooong time to get there.
(4 hours more in a plane going south and you'd be in Venezuela!!!)
I went from L.A. to Miami to Barbados to St. Vincent
PLUS- in order to get to St. Vincent, we had to take a little
prop plane... can we say SCARY??!!



The island itself is an (active!!! but dormant) Volcano.
There's not a lot of flat land on the island. It's just a big hill.
It is very green and lush 'cause it rains ALL the dang time!!
It wasn't even the "rainy season" but it rained in BUCKETS at
least 5 times a day. It was very HOT & humid.

Rain is coming...

After the rain...



It's beaches are black sand beaches. That was the first time I had
ever seen a black sand beach. The sand was very fine but looked
like dirt. Interesting...


While I was there I met the Island "Emeril"- Chef Sid Murphy
and his brother Wayne. They are a funny bunch!


They told me all types of stories AND Sid
made me a fabulous meal of Mahi -Mahi fish in an
orange juice and orange cointreau liqueur sauce over wilted
greens and cherry tomatoes... all I can say is YUM!

Sid told me that he lives totally off of the island...
no electricity, no running water, his house has no walls
it's just open and he built it with his hands... WOW!
He wanted to show it to me BUT-
the only way to get there was to get in his "boat"

and there was no pier- so once we got there
I'd have to walk in the water to get to the shore...
AWW HELL TO THE NAW!!!
glitter graphics

As much as they tried to assure me I'd be safe-
("we'll give you a life jacket, you'll be fine")
I KNOW better- I swim like a ROCK. So I passed.
I'm sure it would have been a wonderful sight to see...
but, OH WELL...

As with most Islands, the native people are often
very poor. I came across "wash day" for a few families-
down at the river...

This "river" is water that flows down from the mountain
before it opens into the ocean.


As always, I have more pictures and stories
than time and room to post them.
But as I think back on the dreams I had as a little girl,
the dreams that are coming into fruition,
the dreams that I am living-
which allow me to know without a shadow of doubt
that I have a purpose... and destiny
I stand in awe of God. And I thank him.

When I think about how blessed I am
and have been-
I realize how loving, merciful and good God is-
And So I am Grateful...

Get Gifs at CodemySpace.com


Sangindiva~

2 Comments:

  • At 2/12/2006 9:34 AM, Blogger bRandy said…

    hey there,
    i saw that you stopped by my blog so i decided to return the favor...glad i did! :o) i absolutely loved reading about your trip--traveling is my biggest passion (outside of the people that i love)...i too want to see the WHOLE world...and when I can't travel, i take joy in living vicariously through those who share my passion :o) i look forward to hearing more of your adventures...if you are interested in a humorous story of my trip to Aruba, check out my blog posting from June 3...people got a kick out of laughing at my misadventures :o)
    Take care...and I'll be stopping by again soon!

     
  • At 10/01/2006 7:09 AM, Blogger eclectik said…

    WOW!

    That's hot!
    LOL@ Hell to the NAW, you're a nut

    I wanna go on a Sangin Adventure!!!

    e.

    eclectik-relaxation.com

     

Post a Comment

<< Home