The Diva Book

A real life behind the scenes look at the life of the International Superstar Sangindiva...

Monday, July 03, 2006

5 MINUTES WITH... THE SANGINDIVA




















Hey yall Ms. bRandy tagged me a looooooog time ago.
I know she thinks I forgot :)

So I present... 5 minutes with me!


If money didn't matter what would you do with your life?

I would travel more and bring the people that I
love and respect
with me. I would love for them to
see what I have seen and discover
a love of the world
and travel like I have.


What's the biggest misconception about you?

That I am unapproachable. I don't know if it is my height
or what but most men assume that I am married or have a
boyfriend. Ummm... I DON'T :) hahahaha!


Beauty or brains?

uh... I have BOTH.



What is your weapon of choice?

It would be a tie between my smile, my wit or my charm.
Oh, how many have fallen when the Diva uses 1 or a combination
of these "weapons".

Who was your first celebrity crush?



















Michaeal Jackson, when he was still cute.
I had a button
with him on it where he had on a
yellow vest over a white
shirt.
I just KNEW he was going to be my man...
boy was I wrong!!

What's your family's nickname for you?

They call me Sangindiva now-
but when I was younger it was Skinny Minnie or
Olive (as in Olive Oil from Popeye)


What is your most embarrassing guilty pleasure?

Talking to myself. No, for real- having FULL BLOWN
conversations with me... I love it.


What's the last book you've read?

This a hard one because I read alot.
And I read multiple books at a time.
I mostly buy
4 or 5 at a time from an airport
and leave them in
hotels or on the plane when
I am done so I really
can't remember.

Name one thing that scares you?

Experiencing love FOR REAL.

What's the biggest mistake you've made?
I think at the time when you have realized any mistake
you make it seems like the biggest...
I don't make a habit of thinking of mistakes I've made.
God wipes my slate clean everyday-so I let the past stay there.


Who would you cast to play you in a movie about you?

HANDS DOWN- Kerry Washington













Mami is simply FABULOUS!
















If you ran for President of the United States,
who would be your running mate?

Oprah Winfrey. 'Nuff said.




















Who is your favorite TV mom?

Claire Huxtable of course.
She was class and elegance personified.



















What's the fastest way to pick a fight with you?

Insult my intelligence or belittle me...
Those are sure fire ways to get the can of whoop ass opened.


If you could tell one person to shut up, who would it be?

Good ol' BUSH. He get's the "Sit yo' stupid, ignorant, a** down
and
shut the %$@& up" award.
(I will NOT disrespect my blog with his photo)

Who would you die for?

My son Aaron. I love him so much I'd prove it with my life.

Name one celebrity whom you would never procreate with
under any circumstances?

Mike "retarded a**" Tyson- EWWWW!!















It would be an honor if some said my singing reminded them of_____________.

"Classic" Whitney Houston














or Minnie Riperton

























Name one sex act you would never perform if you were the opposite sex?

I am going to agree with bRandy and say golden showers.
Just no need for that whatsoever...
if I respect you enough to have sex with you,
I'm not going to disrespect you by peeing on you...be for real.

Would you ever pose for Playgirl/Playboy?

uh... well... I'd never SAY never... but I SERIOUSLY
doubt it. I'm not what you would call "playboy" material.
(you know the whole fake boob thing and all)

When was the last time you cried?

Last week.

What's the greatest personal tragedy you've ever experienced?















The death of the man ONLY man I would have married.

I know for a fact that if I am never loved again-
I was TRULY loved once.



Complete this sentence: By this time next year______________.

My life will be different in a positive way :)

(I can't tell ALL my business!)



Create dolls on The Doll Palace doll maker www.thedollpalace.com



16 Comments:

  • At 7/03/2006 8:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    A nice glimpse of the Sangin' Diva.

     
  • At 7/03/2006 11:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Very interesting. Nice of you to let us see some of the things that make up Sanginl

     
  • At 7/03/2006 12:02 PM, Blogger Elle B. said…

    that was cool - quick and informative. oh, and I really like that photo too.

     
  • At 7/03/2006 2:35 PM, Blogger Rashan Jamal said…

    Yo, I think you dodged a bullet with that Michael Jackson thing LOL

    Great post, and lovely picture as always.

     
  • At 7/03/2006 2:50 PM, Blogger bRandy said…

    you don't always come when i call, but you're always on time! lol glad you finally got around to this...it was nice to catch a closer glimpse of ya with these answers...

     
  • At 7/03/2006 7:04 PM, Blogger Isha said…

    Thanks for sharing, and when do I get to go with you on the next trip! I can be the photo taker!

    (Ghetto version of photographer)

     
  • At 7/04/2006 5:13 AM, Blogger BK said…

    I'm just smiling.. :) I tell ya. Gemini's do it well :) and I thought talking to yourself was normal.. I do it all the time LMAO

    Ms. Sangin.. :) elegance.. sheer elegance..

     
  • At 7/04/2006 9:06 AM, Blogger nikki said…

    this was a very revealing post. i love it!

    i think michael jackson was the first celeb crush for ALOT of sistas from our generation, me included. that's why i'm so heartbroken that the brotha ended up crazy. :(

    i LOVE minnie ripperton. her voice was simply divine. you definitely have the goods, sista. however, your voice is uniquely beautiful. i'm glad for it!

     
  • At 7/04/2006 9:44 AM, Blogger That Girl Tam said…

    ok, the world is getting smaller and smaller...I know somebody that YOU know...to think, I could've met you a couple of years ago!!!

    Rememer a showcase you did maybe two years ago?? I couldn't go because I was either PREGNANT still or Littlest was a BABY - you had this FABULOUS backup sanger (because my boy can SANG) - his name is Adam...he's my best friend's CLOSEST cousin (who btw also knows that chic P brought to our last outting...YOU know the one!! HAHAHAHA) Like some 6 degrees of separation shit, huh???

    I used to like MJ when he was cute AND black too...lol...

     
  • At 7/04/2006 7:02 PM, Blogger A.u.n.t. Jackie said…

    well that was just cute and sweet!
    go on miss thang!

     
  • At 7/05/2006 9:35 AM, Blogger That Girl Tam said…

    ok DAMMIT! Now I get a message on my Myspace page from my friend Bonnie (the chic you met while coming back from Vegas during Memorial Day weekend) and she tripped out when she saw our pics on my page while droppin in to check on me...the world is TOO DAMN SMALL!!! HAHAHAHAHA!!!

    We went to high school together!

     
  • At 7/05/2006 2:01 PM, Blogger Angel said…

    thanks so much for sharing...i love that i am learning more and more about you a little bit at a time. glad you put the emphasis on the "classic" whitney houston. that album cover was back when she was simply DIVASTATING!!! "didnt we almost have it all?" we sholl damn did whitney. we sholl damn did! hahahah

     
  • At 7/05/2006 9:33 PM, Blogger Darbs said…

    "God wipes my slate clean everyday-so I let the past stay there" - Amen to that! Love it, love it, love it!

    And I can't wait to find out, exactly, how your life will be different this time next year. I can ALWAYS count on you to keep me in suspense...atleast it's postive though :o)

    Thanks for sharing with us!

     
  • At 7/06/2006 5:49 AM, Blogger TTD said…

    LOL @ Michael Jackson
    i can see kerry washington playing you..

     
  • At 7/15/2006 4:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I like this...consider it swiped!

     
  • At 10/01/2006 7:20 AM, Blogger eclectik said…

    WOW

    That was pretty intimate...glad you let us 'readers' in for a minute.

    I so have to step up my blog game LOL

    I fux witcha all day everyday

    Say hi when you can

    e.

    eclectik-relaxation.com

     

Post a Comment

<< Home