The Diva Book

A real life behind the scenes look at the life of the International Superstar Sangindiva...

Friday, June 02, 2006

THE WORST BIRTHDAY...EVER!!! (Pt. 1)














powered by ODEO

(Click the pink arrow)

You know how when you're a kid,
you can't WAIT for your birthday?
You anticipate the presents, parties and fun;
You can't sleep the night before...
It is THE celebration!!

But as you get older does it
seem to just become another day?
I believe that because of all the hype
we place on age, we build up birthdays
like we did when we were kids.
But a birthday of 6 is nothing like a
birthday of 26...




Remember I told yall I was going to be
workin' Memorial Day weekend
and I would be on the road
for my birthday?
Well, it started off pretty good
and everything was on schedule...
I went to Montgomery, AL.
The flight was cool-
a little bumpy but nothing
a little prayer couldn't handle :)




It was about 10 million degrees, muggy and sticky,
but it was nice overall. On the bill was Ciara,
Bo Bice (huh?), Us as well as a great local act
named Eric Nettles.

Here I am at sound check.
















I hate this picture because I was sweatin' like an Arab,
and from the angle that our keyboard player took it
you can see my ribs so I look fat and like I have
double sets of breast... UGH!!

Anyway-
The show went well.
Here I am before the show-
('cause things were still going well...)















...By myself


And with Jeffrey...
















After the show we all got together to have drinks
to celebrate my birthday...


















little did I know-
everything would go down hill from there!

O.k. yall I'm cliff hanging this story for the weekend-
'cause I'm too lazy to finish!


THANK YOU to EVERYONE for your Birthday well wishes,
kind words, gifts and love.
Have a FANTASTIC weekend!




Visit The Doll Palace [Where Cartoon Dolls Live]

Sangindiva~

17 Comments:

  • At 6/02/2006 7:35 AM, Blogger Mocha said…

    Ok we're gonna have to ban cliffhangers! Wait I do that shit too...lol. Interested to hear what happened. Put any thought into having a 2nd birthday cuz your first one wasn't that good?

     
  • At 6/02/2006 9:15 AM, Blogger Knockout Zed said…

    I don't believe it's possible for you to look fat!

    I'm with Mocha, cut out this cliffhanger shit. I need to know!!!!

    KZ

     
  • At 6/02/2006 3:51 PM, Blogger Rashan Jamal said…

    now, I'm the last person to talk about a cliff hanger, but come on... what happened, it seemed like everything was cool so far.

     
  • At 6/03/2006 2:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wait a minute! You met me after you started having drinks with the band for your birthday. I hope I wasn't a part of your night going down hill! Please, tell the rest of the story. By the way, I have those pictures of you and I'll email them later today. You're a beautful and very talented lady. It was a pleasure meeting you. By the way, JOEY is SOOOOOOO cute!!!

     
  • At 6/03/2006 5:04 PM, Blogger Darbs said…

    WHAT HAPPENED???? You can't do this to us TWICE. Well, whatever it was...I'm sorry...doesn't disappointment suck? BUT...on a positive note, you have been blessed with another year of life...so for that, I am grateful!

    Okay...now on with the story...

     
  • At 6/03/2006 6:02 PM, Blogger ILL said…

    You Look Fat?

    I Got Tattoos Bigger Than You...

     
  • At 6/03/2006 7:50 PM, Blogger SomeOne said…

    sorry your bday had a wrong turn, i'm waiting on pins and needles to hear the rest of the story

     
  • At 6/04/2006 11:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    How was Bo Bice's set?

     
  • At 6/04/2006 11:56 AM, Blogger meofbeauty said…

    look look you cant do this!!! I was silently protesting your blog until you did my tag..but Ive even forgotten what it was about. oh and girl is that you singing its my party?

     
  • At 6/05/2006 3:12 PM, Blogger Supa said…

    *tapping fingers*

    As our beloved Ice Cube would say: Hur-rup!!

     
  • At 6/05/2006 9:16 PM, Blogger Cheetarah1980 said…

    aaahh, blog cliff hangers. the lazy person's method of blogging. I use them all the time! Woohoo! Wait, I"m starting to wonder if folks actually come back to read the rest.

    Sorry your birthday was a muggy sweaty chore. But it's not possible for you to look fat.

     
  • At 6/06/2006 12:29 PM, Blogger inciquay said…

    WTF is you talkin about, lookin' fat? Girl you are beautiful and built like a needle with boobs! LOL
    But um see, it's Tuesday and um, I ain't see no conclusion!
    Make with the rest of the story please!

     
  • At 6/06/2006 3:26 PM, Blogger Isha said…

    Cracking up at Ill and the tatoos bigger than you and he's probably RIGHT!!! And yes, it's IMPOSSIBLE for YOU to look fat! I'll give you some fat if you just need something to play with...eeeeewwww!

    and you sound so sad singing it's your party. We gotta make it up. Do you want your own Diva hat? Cause you know I'll hook you up!

    Love and Kisses and a nice pink box for you when you get home!
    isha

     
  • At 6/07/2006 7:50 PM, Blogger Butta said…

    Girl, your voice is as beautiful as you are. Even singing a sad song!

     
  • At 6/09/2006 10:49 AM, Blogger i like liquor and tv said…

    great voice!

     
  • At 6/09/2006 8:14 PM, Blogger Angel said…

    when are you coming to texas?????????? i have to hear you sing live!!!!!!!!!!! you are bad gurl!

     
  • At 6/20/2006 3:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    happy belated birthday fellow Gemini~we share the day :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home