The Diva Book

A real life behind the scenes look at the life of the International Superstar Sangindiva...

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Worst B-day Pt. 2




















O.k. yall,
Sorry I took so long!!
I got your hurry up and write mail :)
I left a cliff hanger because I was waiting on pictures that
would help paint the picture to my story.
ANYWAY-
The person never sent the pictures and the show must go on.
Let me quickly tell you what happened...
Memorial Day (the actual day of my birthday)
was when we were leaving Montgomery.












After getting to the airport 2 1/2 hours early
and seeing 20 people...
I should have known this was going to be one
of THOSE days but it was my birthday so
I was still optimistic.
THEN we find out that everything has been DELAYED
because of weather-( I KNEW this was NOT good.)
So in typical band fashion we find the airport BAR.
Yes, I know it wasn't noon in Cali or 5 p.m. anywhere on the
east coast but the road knows no time so...
DRINKS FOR EVERYONE!! (free for me...It's my birthday!)

I discover there is free wireless in the airport and we all
whip out our Mac's for what turns out to be a 3 hour tour
of the Montgomery airport bar...















A 3 hour tour...















A 3 hour tour...
















At 7:30 we hear an announcement saying that the
airport is closing (WHAT???) and all passengers who
are waiting on a flight should pass through security
because the TSA is going home. (HUH??)

That announcement was soo wrong in so many ways-
I mean really...
the only thing that separated the terminal from the bar
was a wall and a few stairs. And I'm just wondering HOW
does an airport close when you still have people there??

By now it's 8 o'clock and my optimism is fading...FAST
(so is my buzz). The last place I wanted to get stuck was
the Montgomery, AL airport- with no plane, no bar, no food-
and oh- no TSA security to keep me safe... oh the horror!

















Now I'm getting more than nervous-
hmmm... what is the first thing black folks do
when they run into some trouble?
(No- AFTER you call your mom and realize
she can't help you...)
That's right you call DA LAWD!!
So I called Jesus...(you know he's always on the main line)
and said: Lord, you know I don't want to be stuck here
all night- Please get me out of here.
Just as I said "AMEN" the plane landed!!
Can we say Praise da Lawd?!





















Now here is a Sunday school lesson-
BE SPECIFIC when asking the good Lord
to do something for you. I asked the lord
to "get me out of here" and he did JUST
that... Got me out of Montgomery...
and left me stuck in Houston.
Technically- God did just what I asked
of him- Next time I'll say: Lord please get me HOME!!

So we get to Houston on the last flight in for the night-
found out Continental (which is the WORST airline EVER)
lied to us, rebooked us for a fight back to L.A.
2 DAYS later, had no idea where the luggage was,
offered no hotel accommodations, no food vouchers
just basically overall screwed us. Here we are at the counter
in Houston finding out all of this great news!
















And here I am trying not to be disgusted!















We check into a hotel and at 5:45 in the morning on Tues.
we are back at the airport trying to get home.
They tell us everything is booked-
but we can try a stand by flight at 10:30...
it's 6 am mind you.
At 10:30 they send us to a Northwest flight
and we get on!!!
As we sit on the tar mat for 10... 30... 40 mins...
an hour passes and we hear:
I'm sorry we have been here so long there is
a mechanical problem with the plane and we
are going to have to call Minneapolis to see what
to do. (WHAT?!?!? THE #%&^*@%)
4 hours later the flight canceled. *insert scream here*

It was then- I, Sangindiva-the only woman in the band
and dare I say it?!? the SMARTEST one of the bunch,
had to take action...
I turned on my Sangindiva charm-(I'm famous for it ya know)
and Gemini wit to get home- 'cause this was just dang ridiculous!


I found a friendly desk attendant
and said: I really, really, need to
get home. Is there anyway you can
book me on a flight out of here
somewhere close to California?
It's my birthday...




(even though my birthday was over...
technically... hee hee hee)
And she said: "Well baby...let's see what
we can do for you..."


2 1/2 hours later I was on a plane to ...VEGAS.
Everything to L.A. was full but it was much easier
to get home from Vegas. I mean really I could drive if I had to!
I WOULDN'T... but I could.

Then I thought: ok I am going to get home quick-
a flight from Vegas leaves almost every hour...
HA!! not for me it didn't.

We waited at the Vegas airport 4- yes 4- HOURS...
here I am (with Joey) waiting...
















At a little after 10:30 pm on Tues. I finally landed
at LAX in Los Angeles, CA-
and when I finally got to the valet spot,
where I park...
I had to wait an extra 30 mins because
they didn't know where they parked my car!!
AAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAHAAAAA!!!

Children of the Blog...
when I tell you it was the worst...
BELIEVE ME it really was!



Visit The Doll Palace [Where Cartoon Dolls Live]

Sangindiva~

24 Comments:

  • At 6/06/2006 11:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Awww damn, that sucks major ass. So sorry you had to spend the day of all days like that. What a total bummer! But in true diva style I see you had a change of clothes with ya!

    Praise da lawd and pass the kool-aid and thank goodness for gemini charm right?

    Continental IS THE worst airline ever, right next to NW. NW is never, ever on time!! My friend Vet is a ticket agent there in Houston and even she can't get a flight in or out sometimes. Boo on Continental.

    Oh and am I first?

    What's my prize?

     
  • At 6/07/2006 5:43 AM, Blogger Rashan Jamal said…

    thats messed up, spending your birthday in airports. How the hell is TSA going to leave? I ain't never heard of an airport that closes.

     
  • At 6/07/2006 6:58 AM, Blogger BK said…

    good googly moo!!! daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn sorry ma.. but u gotta laugh at that now.. cause damn WHO DID YA'LL piss off??? LOL

     
  • At 6/07/2006 8:57 AM, Blogger TTD said…

    dag.. that really was bad.. sorry you had to go thru it! at least you finally made it home!

     
  • At 6/07/2006 6:32 PM, Blogger A.u.n.t. Jackie said…

    ooh girl, you had you a journey home the long way!

    Oy Vey!

     
  • At 6/07/2006 7:36 PM, Blogger Butta said…

    Aw man, homie! I am so sad to hear that your birthday was spent in multiple airports getting the run around. I've had alot of birthdays to suck but I will never complain again after reading of your never-ending ordeal.

     
  • At 6/07/2006 11:34 PM, Blogger ILL said…

    E'ery Ting Gonna Be Alright!!!

    Just Pump The Music I Gave ya And Pla-Dow!!! All Problemos Departo..

     
  • At 6/08/2006 8:29 AM, Blogger Cheetarah1980 said…

    Travel woes should not be allowed on your birthday. That really truly sucks. Some airlines don't know a damn thing about customer service and that makes it a thousand times worse.

     
  • At 6/09/2006 7:18 AM, Blogger Miz JJ said…

    I hate airport drama. Drives me crazy! Also, they seem so rude and unhelpful. It grates. And all that waiting. Sorry your birthday was such a disapointment.

     
  • At 6/09/2006 7:20 AM, Blogger The Stiltwalker said…

    aw man. this sucks. You know I keep hearing 'airport travel gone wrong' stories and fortunately I've yet to experience one. Sorry you had such an awful time. And how the hell does an airport just close like that? that's bootleg. btw- that last pic of you is cute. sums up the story pretty nicely.

     
  • At 6/09/2006 10:47 AM, Blogger i like liquor and tv said…

    dang. that SUCKS.

    I planned on booking my birthday trip some time today. But now, I don't know. I may just hang around here.

     
  • At 6/09/2006 11:06 AM, Blogger Supa said…

    Awwww boo!

    (and if that aint the most PATHETIC SAD FACE I've ever seen - it's damn close!)

    I feel for you, sweetie. Being stuck is the WORST. And I thought Southwest was bootleg - Continental is it's cousin, I see..

    Well, darling. Rest up, and prepare to celebrate your birthday for the entire month of June! Along with me!

    Gemini's rule the world!

    Kisses.

     
  • At 6/09/2006 4:31 PM, Blogger ~HoustonNY~ said…

    Glad you made it back safe!!! And FORGET Continential. Crappy airlines.

     
  • At 6/09/2006 7:52 PM, Blogger bRandy said…

    shannon,
    i am so sorry you had such a bad birthday...i definitely know how that feels....happy 26th, though!! didn't know you and i were the same age...glad your show went well...i am still loving seeing all your pics and following what you're doing--good motivation for me as my girlfriend continues to pursue her singing career and i am managing her...so you keep us going in the right direction :o) she has talent for days, but sometimes it gets frustrating because, as i am sure you know, talent doesn't always mean everything if you don't have the right connections...so we're working on it. wish us luck! :o)
    happy birthday sweetie!

     
  • At 6/09/2006 8:13 PM, Blogger Angel said…

    i'm just glad you made it back safely!!!! and at least you had some people with you to share the worst-ness...

     
  • At 6/10/2006 9:19 PM, Blogger EqualOpportunityCrush said…

    i'm sorry that you had such a sucky birthday.. but touche it was an adventure.. another memory to put in the archives.. and the show much go on!!

     
  • At 6/11/2006 7:53 PM, Blogger Brea said…

    I think you need to have a happy un-birthday part - and quick!

     
  • At 6/12/2006 11:54 AM, Blogger SomeOne said…

    OMG, that has got to be the worst bday in the history of bdays....sorry about your travel nightmare.....

    I'll be in birmingham next sunday, i hope thats not a AL curse thing...

     
  • At 6/12/2006 11:56 AM, Blogger Knockout Zed said…

    "I knew a cat, he was so dumb, he was driving to the airport, he saw a sign that said 'Airport Left'. He turned around and went home." - Robin Harris

    How does an airport close? I'd never heard of that either.

    I'm sorry your b-day turned out so badly.

    KZ

     
  • At 6/12/2006 1:18 PM, Blogger That Girl Tam said…

    Awwww...poor baby!!

    Well just be thankful you got home - no matter HOW LONG IT TOOK!!! Oh...and I DID get your email, but I didn't read it til AFTER I had already called you!!

    Ok, and why have a cell phone if you ain't gonna answer that mug??? You were M.I.A. only HOURS after you called me and your flight wasn't leaving til the next day!

    Glad you loved your cards...call me when you get settled and we'll do lunch or something!

     
  • At 6/13/2006 5:06 AM, Blogger The Sarccastik Variable Why said…

    damn...hate that...sorry u had to spend your born day stuck at an airport...that's just plain wrong...

     
  • At 6/13/2006 8:19 AM, Blogger Cece said…

    I am so sorry about your birthday. Like I said before celebrate it all over again, pretend that one didnt even happen

     
  • At 6/19/2006 6:41 PM, Blogger Darbs said…

    Whoa...that is WAAAAY too much drama. I am so sorry that's how you had to spend your birthday. I that made you never want to see the inside of another airport again! LOL. Glad you finally made it home :o)

     
  • At 6/25/2006 7:59 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Hey Ms. Lady it's Bonnie. We were both stuck in Vegas trying to get home to LA. It's been a promise of mine to keep in touch with you, better later then never. How's everything? Look forward to hearing from you.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home