The Diva Book

A real life behind the scenes look at the life of the International Superstar Sangindiva...

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Natural Puffin'...



















I was hanging out with my little niece-
who always wears the cutest afro puffs.
(I personally think my sister is too lazy
to comb her hair... but I digress.)

Anyway, because of my niece-
this weekend I decided to be an afro puff diva!


















I washed my hair, whipped out the blow dryer-
and wound up with a mess that did NOT look
like the picture!
I mean, call me ignorant, but I just assumed
that all black folks could wear one and it would
be an easy thing to do.

Then I thought, well maybe the heat was up
too high on the dryer, I'll try again. So I wet my hair,
chanted "Power to the People" as I held up my fist,
channeled my inner Angela Davis (for good luck)











and wound up with-
the same hot a** mess as before! :(
Let's just say it was NOT a good look.
So I call my sister and frantically say:
My head is a mess and I only have 4 hours
before I have to be at the airport-
HELP ME!!!

I told her what I did to which she said:
"Why would you do that looser?"
She comes over and proceeds to comb my hair-
like she would her daughter...










in the same dang style-
with the same brush, grease and water :(
(I can't stand her!!)


Since beggars can't be choosy-
here was the end result:





















(Left side)






















(Right side)

I haven't worn my hair like this since I was
a little girl- but it grew on me.
I think I'll keep it for another week! :)

Anyway-

Here I am after the show in Providence, RI
with Thalia, who was my assistant during my
time there. Mami was quick to let you know
she was 100% ITALIAN!!! hahaha!















It's been a couple of years since I had been to
Providence... but I swear it's like an episode
of the Sopranos! It was like Mob central :)
(I think I should just keep my mouth shut
before I get whacked!) hahahaha!!

Missy- I missed you when I was in Boston :(
next time for sure!

CeCe- Glad New York was good for you-
now when can I get REAL pics of the hair cut?! :)

WCBH'S-
I am so excited!!! I'll be at our next function!!!!
(sorry Zed- the date has been moved to Aug.)

Ms. Phoenix, I'm going to call you for the updates!
heeeeeyyyy!!


Visit The Doll Palace [Where Cartoon Dolls Live]
Sangindiva~

23 Comments:

  • At 6/20/2006 5:26 AM, Blogger BK said…

    hahaaaaa that does look cute on you though!!!! and you should know as you get older you can't do a REAL FRO.. you have to let your ends be the fro :) and pull it up in some form of ponytail.. see ya sista hooked u up mami...

    so Providence is like the sopranos huh.. no wonda dats where vido ran off too LOL :)

    Hope you had a safe trip :)

     
  • At 6/20/2006 8:07 AM, Blogger Knockout Zed said…

    I'll be around in August (except for my NY excursion on the 19th)

    You had a fly ass look goin' on!

    KZ

     
  • At 6/20/2006 9:32 AM, Blogger That Girl Tam said…

    Sorry Zed, I WON!!! HHAHAHAHAHA!!!

    YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!! I'm so happy that you're coming!!! WOOOO HOOO!!

    The number you initially called was my house...I get home after 6:30...anytime after that is good for me.

    Sign into Evite.com to gett he address and stuff for Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. in Long Beach. Our reservations are for 7:00 - they will not hold our seats so everyone needs to be ON TIME (not that C.P. shit...ya dig?) If push comes to shove, you can come to MY house and roll with me...I live right off the 405.

    I'm so excited!!! We're gonna have a BLAST!!! Call me girl! My cell phone number is on the back of your cards...holla!

     
  • At 6/20/2006 12:38 PM, Blogger Mocha said…

    Lookin' lovely, as usual! Love the Afro Puff!

     
  • At 6/20/2006 6:46 PM, Blogger Darbs said…

    I'm feeling you on the hair drama. I grew my relaxer out about 2 years ago and I'm still in the trial and error phase of getting this natural thing together!

    Your puff turned out beautifully :o)

     
  • At 6/20/2006 8:00 PM, Blogger Rashan Jamal said…

    she rocks rough and stuff with her afro puffs. LOL

    Looking good, diva.

     
  • At 6/20/2006 8:19 PM, Blogger Angel said…

    awwww...your hair looks good! and the pic of the little girl is too cute!!!! always telling other people where you're gonna be...when the hell are you coming to TEXAS?????? :)

     
  • At 6/20/2006 8:58 PM, Blogger Supa said…

    Gwaan girl! Rockin' rough and tough with your afro puffs!

    Lookin' good ma. :)

    Tell Tony 'n 'nem I said "howyadoin"!!

     
  • At 6/21/2006 4:50 AM, Blogger January said…

    You look good in the puffs!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog.

     
  • At 6/21/2006 6:55 AM, Blogger nikki said…

    your sister did a good job as far as i'm concerned! she worked those afropuffs into PERFECTION!

     
  • At 6/21/2006 7:15 AM, Blogger bRandy said…

    i know i'm not the first to say it, but the hair looked hot--not to worry...and that picture of that little girl at the top is amazing...i'm an amatuer photographer and jealous that i didn't take that! :)
    glad you had a good trip with the mob-folk and didn't end up sleeping wit da fishes! lol....

     
  • At 6/21/2006 7:59 AM, Blogger Lāā said…

    I used to give my girls afro puffs too! They look back at the pics and tell me that I gave them a 'jacked up' hairstyle. But my staples were dollar store lotion, Blue magic and a brush. Your hair looks too cute!

     
  • At 6/21/2006 10:33 AM, Blogger Lyrically speaking said…

    Your hair looks cute, and that first pic with the little girl is that your niece? she's adorable

     
  • At 6/21/2006 10:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Whao babe you look guudd..:) my creation for you. Mail me sweetie.
    Shehu

     
  • At 6/21/2006 11:01 AM, Blogger mrs.tj said…

    I'm growing my hair natural right now for some afro puffs! I can't wait!
    Holla!

     
  • At 6/21/2006 12:50 PM, Blogger The Sarccastik Variable Why said…

    yeah it don't look bad...

     
  • At 6/21/2006 1:56 PM, Blogger SLUMP FACADE said…

    Nice pictures, nothing speaks to the confidence of a woman like her ability to wear her hair in a natural. Hella sexy!!!

     
  • At 6/21/2006 2:51 PM, Blogger mrpunchcar said…

    nice look ms. diva. rock your puffs girl! thanks for the props.

     
  • At 6/22/2006 9:52 AM, Blogger Cece said…

    I like the Afro Puffs. Very cute.

     
  • At 6/22/2006 10:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Okay your little do is hot...ask your sister if she can give out instructions on how to recreat that look.

     
  • At 6/22/2006 2:41 PM, Blogger Elle B. said…

    cute style! You sound like me wrangling with my hair!

     
  • At 6/25/2006 7:54 AM, Blogger Brea said…

    Your hair looks good! And you have really pretty eyes. Hope you had a good weekend.

     
  • At 6/26/2006 8:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You wuz rocking it chica!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home