The Diva Book

A real life behind the scenes look at the life of the International Superstar Sangindiva...

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

New Year...Old Business




















SHHHHHH!!!

I'm trying to quietly blog through my
alcohol induced hangover.
(Most people had hangovers from their
New Year's celebration- my hangover
STARTED around Halloween...)

I know it's the new year but I have to wrap up
some of last year's OLD business.
I know... I know... if I would have kept up with
my blogging- I'd be current- BUT
I have to have time to actually LIVE the life I
write about :)

Let's see-
It has officially been one year...
since I started blogging!!




















YAY!! It's my Blog-a-versary!!


The last trip I left off with was Indianapolis, Indiana
and I must say... it was pretty fun :)
Here are few of the pics...














Me and Jack
















Me and Darryl ("Footz")
(one of THE best drummers in the industry)




















Me and Ann-Marie from Chi-Town!!!
(she is the QUEEN of French Martinis...
but I am the PRINCESS!)















Me, Leone and Charlette

and of course....
A STAGE SHOT!!!




















Since it was the last show of 2006
(with this band) of course we had to party...
but I can only show 1 pic from that! :)

So here it is:




















Me, Jeffrey, Scott and Mikey

Then the next day I got a call from
my friend Marcellina,
(who is a FANTASTIC vocalist-
and sings with Natalie Cole)
to be a singer in the Colors of Christmas show
with Pebo Bryson, James Ingram, Stephanie Mills
and Denise Williams.

I won't post a lot of pics... cause' I'm lazy :)
These pics were taken the last day
of the tour... and I was lookin' crazy!














Marcellina, Pebo and Me















James and Me

THEN the NEXT day- I taught a class!
I snapped this picture as they were coming in-















Here is a Sangindiva "real life" fact-
Before I decided I was only going to sing
for a living- I was a teacher.
So (when I can fit it in) at the end of the semester,
I give a master class to Beginning
and Advanced vocal/music high school students.

Then the NEXT day...

I had a studio session with Howard Hewett
and Ralph Johnson (of Earth,Wind and Fire)
to work on two more songs for Howard's album.















Ralph, Me and Howard

Because I live in Los Angeles-
I was able to see Dreamgirls before it came out
on Christmas- So my sister and I went to see it.
We got souvenir books and numbered lithograph pictures
too- We also bought the T-shirt that was only available during
the special pre-screenings.














Me and Kymia

I spent Christmas with Dionne Warwick and clan.
(It's a long story how I know them...)
but I took no pictures because-
well, it would have been weird...
I mean, that's Auntie Dionne n' nem.
AND NO-WHITNEY WASN'T THERE!!
(but if she was -I would have taken a picture of THAT!!)

I brought in the New Year partying with the homies @
the Friar's club in Beverly Hills.
If you like basketball players then New Years Eve was
your night! I personally know NOTHING about sports
and didn't know 90% of the players there...
I ONLY took pictures with people at MY table...
(cause I didn't know anybody else!!)

My friend Kim Johnson (of the group J.S.),
Corey Maggette and I started the night off
with the PRE-drink photo...
(Although if I were to be honest-
I had already had 2 sex on the beaches
and a couple of dances :)















Me, Corey and Kim

A couple of martini's later...















Me and Quentin Richardson-
(He'd better be glad I don't do athletes!)

The party was CRACKIN' ...















Me and Elise Neal

The clock strikes 12, the Patron was passed,
and I should have just said NOOOOOO...
but I didn't. *sigh*
THAT is why NO "after Patron" pictures will be shown.

On New Years Day-
My friend and blogger GLAM prepared a wonderful brunch!















So I stopped by to feed my hangover with food
and CHAMPAGNE!!!
We must have killed at LEAST 3 bottles! hahaha!














Ms. Thang is the greatest hostess!!
She made Greens, Mac & Cheese, Yams,
Black Eyed Peas (for good luck) and cornbread
that was TO DIE FOR!! Thanks Glam!!

Well,
The holidays are over- back to work!
I am on my way to Mississippi and Memphis.
See yall when I get back!!

Sangindiva~

36 Comments:

  • At 1/03/2007 7:31 AM, Blogger SomeOne said…

    That was a totally fabulous New Years.... you think next year, I can follow you where ever you're at and tend to your coat.

     
  • At 1/03/2007 11:07 AM, Blogger A.u.n.t. Jackie said…

    hey girl thanks for sharing the first day of the year with me and thanks for not posting too many pix of me and my fatface:-)


    '07 is gonna be heavan on earth. you just watch!!

    love ya!!

     
  • At 1/03/2007 11:38 AM, Blogger TNDRHRT said…

    Happy New Year, Sangindiva! So you're heading to the Sip? Where bout? My hometown is Gulfport! Right next to Biloxi! Have fun! The weather will be nice, hopefully!

     
  • At 1/03/2007 12:02 PM, Blogger onefromphilly said…

    Looks like your new year started off right!! Aren't you glad that you decided to sing full time? You seem to be living your dreams.
    Continue to stay blessed.

    I still wish that I could sing *sigh*

    ps: Enough is in regular rotation on WHUR here in DC.

     
  • At 1/03/2007 4:15 PM, Blogger That Girl Tam said…

    Happy New Year babygirl!

    We need to hook up to celebrate WCBH style! And I'm with Nisa...2007 is gonna be HOT!!!

     
  • At 1/03/2007 7:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Now that looks like FUN!

    2007 is gonna be it you just watch. Not like 2006 wasn't FABU for ya though...lol!

     
  • At 1/03/2007 11:16 PM, Blogger Sangindiva said…

    @ one from Philly-

    GURL-
    DO YOU HAVE A BLOG?
    EVERY time I try to go to your blog I
    can never get to it.
    I HATE not being able to go to someone's bog who supports mine!!! Send me your link girly!!!

    @ EVERYBODY
    Hey Yall!!!

     
  • At 1/04/2007 5:57 AM, Blogger onefromphilly said…

    @ Diva
    No, I don't blog I'm just a super commenter. It takes me wayyyyy too long to write a story. I'd rather talk your head off and act-out the story. I think I'm a frustrated actress stuck in an engineer's brain. LOL

    and a frustrated singer who can't hold a note!! LOL

     
  • At 1/04/2007 6:57 AM, Blogger BK said…

    gurl.. that was ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS!!! and Damn Imma hang with you for 07!!! LOL

    I might see you for Valentine's Day if you are peforming with Jeffrey here in DC.. maybe we can see if you got some free time so we can HOOK UP!!!

    Oh by the way..I love Howard's Single and I bought it.. so like I said before.. make sureyou get yo check! LOL

    I am SO PROUD OF YOU and HAPPY THAT YOU ARE LIVING YOUR DREAM!!!!!

     
  • At 1/04/2007 9:54 AM, Blogger Ms.Honey said…

    Girl!! Ok I'm officially jealous LOL...Quentin is a tasty lookin someone and so is that other juicy lookin man that you have a pic of before his...I'm too lazy to look and see what his name is LOL..he has his eyes closed haha..great

    Glad you had a wonderful new year!!!

     
  • At 1/04/2007 11:37 AM, Blogger TTD said…

    sounds like u had a great time!! i would've loved to be at that new year's party w/ you!

    HAPPY NEW YEAR'S!!!

     
  • At 1/04/2007 2:04 PM, Blogger P said…

    GLAM. . .

    I didn't know you could get down like that. . .That sounds like some good vittles.

    Anyway. . .I thought you said that you just had on a 'reg-lar' dress on NYE. . .That's a great dress (and color).

    And I larged (I know that's not a word) the picture. . .Makeup was on point, as usual.

    Happy New Year, Y'all. ..

    P

     
  • At 1/04/2007 4:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy New Year! Sounds like you had a marvelous holiday, minus the hangover, that is. LOL I can understand 100% NOT posting after Patrone pics. You had a good time that's all that counts. LOL

     
  • At 1/04/2007 7:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You need to pace the drinks so u dont get tore up!!!

    I am glad that you had a great New Years! I hope you have a great 2007!

     
  • At 1/04/2007 8:50 PM, Blogger Angel said…

    so glad you made it through the new year ma'am! but uh, please tell me why james ingram's ass wa slooking like "count pimp-ula" with that shaved head and eyebrows???? LOL!

     
  • At 1/05/2007 6:16 AM, Blogger The Sarccastik Variable Why said…

    u know i have that (is it 8 degrees or 9 degrees)...it looks like you had fun...

     
  • At 1/05/2007 7:26 AM, Blogger Freaky Deaky said…

    Happy New Year and Happy Blog-a-versary!!!

     
  • At 1/05/2007 3:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm usually just ya regular reader lurker but just wanted to applaud you on all of your "FABU" accomplishments this past year and definitely a "SanginDiva" 2007!!

    BTW, where in MS will you be i'm in Jackson and I would love to hear your melodic voice....let me know!!!

     
  • At 1/05/2007 6:59 PM, Blogger African girl, American world said…

    wow! everything looks so exciting!! Just 24 hrs to be you, just once. Where's my genie dammit ??!! LOL.

     
  • At 1/06/2007 7:42 AM, Blogger WandaWoman said…

    Happy New Year to you and your family!

     
  • At 1/06/2007 5:26 PM, Blogger -_- said…

    Oooh, Q-Rich!!!

    Happy New Year sis!

     
  • At 1/06/2007 5:27 PM, Blogger -_- said…

    Oh ya - and if you could email me at solitairematrix at yahoo dot ca ... have something to share with ya! (no, it's NOT spam)

     
  • At 1/08/2007 6:02 AM, Blogger 1969 said…

    Wow...you had a great New Year's!

    I love your pictures. You never look less than fabulous.

    And that menu sounds great. Miss A did her thing!

     
  • At 1/08/2007 11:36 AM, Blogger Miz JJ said…

    Happy New Year!!

    As per usual you look beautiful in the pics. I needed to be at your New Year's Day Feast. Making my mouth water reading about all that food.

     
  • At 1/08/2007 1:50 PM, Blogger Little Brown Girl said…

    I know I say this all the time but I SO LOVE YOUR LIFE...that's not to say i don't love mine (cause I do) but I'm just saying...whew I love reading your stories an seeing your pics.

    Happy New Year Wonder Woman!!! can't wait to hear about your next adventure...

     
  • At 1/09/2007 5:27 AM, Blogger nikki said…

    how is it you can look good in every dang photo you take? i mean, not even ONE bad one. i wish i had that percentage. lol

    here's hoping the new year brings you everything you wish for.

     
  • At 1/10/2007 5:02 AM, Blogger Paula D. said…

    Happy New Years!!!! You always have great pics!

     
  • At 1/11/2007 3:14 PM, Blogger Supa said…

    Happy New Year, Diva! One year blogging - YAY! Pictures - YAY! You and Glam - Yay! Everything, just YAY!

    It's gonna be a great year!! Stay beautiful and blessed, sis. Martini's this year I PROMISE!!!!:)

     
  • At 1/11/2007 5:56 PM, Blogger Tenacious said…

    I'm glad 2 see you had a great new years...I've been lurking for a minute...guess it's time to start commenting huh?

    @ Sanging

    As pretty as you are, I KNOW they beating the doors down!! Great pics :-)

     
  • At 1/16/2007 10:40 AM, Blogger SLUMP FACADE said…

    I must admit, you certainly have a million dollar smile; among other things...

     
  • At 1/17/2007 10:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You're so photogenic! Lovely pictures!!

     
  • At 1/19/2007 8:43 AM, Blogger Charles said…

    Where've you been at???

     
  • At 2/01/2007 3:23 PM, Blogger bRandy said…

    hey ma...just stopping through--it's been a while. let me know how things are going. how are you and aaron?

     
  • At 2/10/2007 5:44 PM, Blogger Elle* said…

    You had a blast! Now, when are you gonna update us?

     
  • At 2/11/2007 1:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Shannon,
    I am just so happy for you that you are doing the things you want in the way that you want to! Your family has changed so much since I last saw them but I guess that happens with time... Anyways, I'd love to hear from you one day and hope that this finds you in Great health and spirits. Take care and I'll always luv ya!
    The real, one and only KP...

     
  • At 2/19/2007 10:02 AM, Blogger unsaid said…

    wow...what do you don't do? <---that's a quote from the Five Heartbeats...I speaks proper English lol. Seriously though...you are an inspiration!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home