The Diva Book

A real life behind the scenes look at the life of the International Superstar Sangindiva...

Thursday, October 12, 2006

Show N' Tell and all the other randomness...













Hey Yall-
I have decided that my blogging funk is over!
To celebrate this I will play Show' n Tell- (the grown up way)
because there is alot of stuff to Show and Tell you!
This is also a random post because...
well just cuz! Let's get started shall we?

















I'm going to start off with a BIG fat Praise the LORD!!
becaise God spared my life on this last trip.
He we are sitting in this little bitty teenie weenie
prop plane and then BAMMMMMMM!
BOOOOOOMMMM! POOOOOWWWW!
AHHHHHHHHH!!! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD!
WE'RE FLIPPING OVER!! AHHHHH!















We got caught and hit by the biggest thunderstorm
and lightning. Our keyboard player saw the storm
when it was on the side of us and recorded a lighting
show on his camera- it was amazing... until it hit us.
The pilot never warned us and the attendant was crying...
The pilot was so shook he damn near fell out of the sky landing,
I left my jacket on the plane I was trying to get off so fast,
ANNND since it was so late when I got there-
I had the driver take me to anything open...
and good ol' Wendy's got me sick as a dog!!
It was waaaay deep. I can't even speak on it anymore so...
Praise the Lord.

MOVING ON...


The show went well. It was sooooo cold- surprisingly.
And of course I don't have a coat anymore so I was freezing!
Here I am playing around before the show-















(I dont remember what we were doing but
I was clownin' around and Joey snapped this)

And because we allll were so freaked out (STILL)
we hit the bar in a MAJOR way.
I took bar pics with some of the folks around me...















(Me and C.C. our bass player)















(Me and Doug our backline tech)















(Me and Mikey our road manager)
















(Me and my homegirl Malania)

I have other photos in the crypt... but some of the
folks did NOT want to be on the blog looking as
SMASHED as they were so I'm respecting that.
I went a couple of other places (Houston, Detroit)
But they were private and I didn't take pics.

Anyway,
Tuesday night I wanted to feel the energy of Hollywood
in all it's glory so GLAM and I hit the town and went to
The Belmont. Ms. Thang knows all the Hollywood hotspots!















As we celebrated life, our industry jobs, freedom-
(hell-you name it- it was celebrated)
we were Grey Goose Martini Princesses and the belles of our ball.
In our rock girl jeans, 4 inch stilettos and cashmere sweaters...
MAN! Grown and Sexy personified : )

















We laughed...
















And ate...
















and I felt fabulous!

Then...
Yesterday I had a studio session with George Duke.
(I also am the singer for the George Duke band.)
Mr. George as (he hates but) I love to call him is
just a music Genius! I so heart him!















(George Duke and Eric Zobler)
















(Me and "Mr" George)





















(Me in the booth)

















Eric Zobler is one of THE BEST recording engineers
in the business! Of the top 10 he's like 4 or something like that.
And he's pretty fun too!

Ok now That I have updated yall-
this W.C.G. (west coast girl) is OUT!















SANGINDIVA~

27 Comments:

  • At 10/12/2006 8:01 AM, Blogger Freaky Deaky said…

    Why is the word verification I have to use uglybck? Seriously, I don't know if I should laugh or punch something. I'm glad your blogging funk is over. Take care and be happy.

     
  • At 10/12/2006 8:59 AM, Blogger ILL said…

    Ha ha!!!

    Welcome Back, Mrs. Kotter...

    Mr. George Duke = Musical Brilliance... A Brazilian Love Affair Is One Of My Favorite Albums Of All Time... Hook Me Up With An Autograph... ut YOU Have To Delier It To me.. *heh**heh*heh*

     
  • At 10/12/2006 9:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    girl you are having a ball!! I'm so envious....

     
  • At 10/12/2006 9:30 AM, Blogger A.u.n.t. Jackie said…

    yaaay blog funk is over!!!

    why do i love like pale face in those pictures? damn i might need to darken up for winter.

    that was soo much fun. we got tix to see the show next week will you be arounds???

     
  • At 10/12/2006 9:40 AM, Blogger nikki said…

    i love coming here cuz you always have the bomb photos. uh, the road manager is muy yummy to look at.

    i LOVE george duke. i especially love him with stanley clarke.

     
  • At 10/12/2006 11:26 AM, Blogger Little Brown Girl said…

    I so love your life!!! You r the BOMB!

     
  • At 10/12/2006 1:55 PM, Blogger Angel said…

    glad you survived the crazy "plane-o-turbulence!" that's the main thing i HATE about flying. you're just up there and if something happens, you have nowhere to go and your ass has to just sit there!

    looks like you and miss ahmad had a FABULOUS time! cashmere sweaters, huh? what if i only have this cable-knit one? can i still kick it with yall? you won't make me sit at the kids' table now will you? can you se ethese puppy dog eyes i'm flashing right now? LOL!

     
  • At 10/12/2006 2:25 PM, Blogger Isha said…

    Hey pretty girl!

    Glad to see ya blog back in motion.

    Always good to see you smile.

    Hope to see you in person

     
  • At 10/12/2006 2:42 PM, Blogger SLUMP FACADE said…

    As usual, great pics!!!

     
  • At 10/12/2006 5:40 PM, Blogger P said…

    Well, what can I say, I guess I will go in sequential order.

    Praise the Lord is RIGHT. That is an awesomely beautiful picture in it's own right. However, geez, if the FLIGHT attendance, the voice of Cool, was getting upset and in tears, it was super serious, yo.

    I always love your pictures and the way you describe things. Like a thin slice of heaven for me (in HR hell).

    Those pictures and where you and glam went are spectacular! Both of y'all are photogenic, Tam is too, unlike yours truly.

    And as for George Duke.

    Well you know the deal on this.

    I will shell out GOOD money to see you sing the female lead on "No Rhyme No Reason".

     
  • At 10/12/2006 6:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Mr. George Duke. LOVE HIM!

     
  • At 10/13/2006 6:37 AM, Blogger Cece said…

    Finally! And can I just say I have to get the Sangin' Diva's Diet and Hair plan cuz you are looking too cute these days!!

     
  • At 10/13/2006 8:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Get yo praise on! Get yo praise on!

    I'm glad everyone is safe and sound. Good times!

     
  • At 10/13/2006 11:11 AM, Blogger Miz JJ said…

    I need to get one of those west coast girl t-shirts. I may be out here in what we call 'central' Canada, but I am west coast girl at heart. Cute pics. You and glam look like you were doing it up!

     
  • At 10/14/2006 7:37 AM, Blogger Lenny said…

    I found you over at CeCe's blog and was so excited to come by and see George Duke! You're playing with some major, major talent and you look like you're really keeping your feet on the ground while you do it!

     
  • At 10/14/2006 10:37 AM, Blogger African girl, American world said…

    Hey Shan, it's Mwabi. I finally blogrolled you so I'll be here a lot now :) Whoa about the plane thing...just whoa. Glad you are fine after that episode.

    You and Nisa look so fantabulous...I wanna be y'all when I grow up.

    And you must let me kow if you ever make it to Cincinnati or Louisville so I can see you do your thang!!!

     
  • At 10/16/2006 9:28 AM, Blogger BK said…

    welcome back!!! and wow.. that was a interesting time :) you know u always have an interesting life..

    I'm recovering from the blogger meet & greet on saturday.. and teaching this past weekend.. I's just tired!

     
  • At 10/18/2006 8:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Show N' Tell (the grown up way) That's too cute. The pics are fabulous as always.

    Glad to hear that you're ok. Sounds like a scary flight. I haven't drank in about 3 or so years but after a flight like that I'd probably hit the bar too, and I'm sure I'd STILL be drunk as I typed about it.

    And I'm sure I'm not the ONLY one waiting for you to post more snipets of your music. *hint hint* smile!

     
  • At 10/19/2006 6:09 AM, Blogger Let said…

    Wow I'm glad you made it to your destination in one piece. I bet that lightning store was horrible, nothing like following that up with some drinks.

    Welcome back!

     
  • At 10/19/2006 1:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey MIssy!

    wow, that is seriously crazy~ glad u are well!

     
  • At 10/19/2006 11:07 PM, Blogger Darbs said…

    Thank God the plane situation wasn't worse...although I know it still was super scary!

    I know about blog funks all too well. Glad that you have come up out of yours, and now I have as well. As always, you had the kindest words for me through it all...you are such a blessing!

    Now for more fabulousness...

     
  • At 10/20/2006 9:54 AM, Blogger TTD said…

    yes.. praise the Lord.. glad you're ok!!

    looks like u had fun, as always..

     
  • At 10/20/2006 12:19 PM, Blogger sweetie kia said…

    Hey Gurl,
    I had the radio on this morning as I was hopping into the shower and I heard you singing the "Woo Woo Woo" song with Jeffery. (After listening to your voice everyday when we were working together...it was unmistakable). So I was like "hey, why is the Diva's voice coming out of my radio"....because it sounded live. I had to turn off the shower to listen....then I found out that it was the Tom Joyner show and they were brodcasting something you did recently in Atlanta. You better be glad....because if you came to Houston to perform and didn't tell me...you know you would be on BIG punishment. You sounded great and that was just a preview of things to come. Your CD is on the way and then everyone will get to hear "THE VOICE". Luvs Ya

     
  • At 10/22/2006 9:31 PM, Blogger bRandy said…

    hey girlie...i dig the pics. so glad you made it all safe and sound. got any new songs to send me?? we are working on one now and it made me think about you...and how you haven't sent me one in a HOT minute. How's Aaron?

     
  • At 10/23/2006 7:03 AM, Blogger SomeOne said…

    now I know I read this post....so where did my response go....

    glad you survived the plane ride *hugs*

     
  • At 10/23/2006 11:19 AM, Blogger The Sarccastik Variable Why said…

    always enjoy your pics...

     
  • At 11/23/2006 11:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    sangin' fool is mo' like it!
    Hey thanks for puttin up that picture of me with 10 chins.... and who would have thought you would post the picture I took of you... my favorite pictue "WEST COAST GIRL" (.)(.) !
    thanks for all your kind words, but really, of the top 500 engineers I probably rank around 496. Someday I'll figure it all out.... (let's see, the in goes into the out... or is it the other way around?.... damn...)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home