The Diva Book

A real life behind the scenes look at the life of the International Superstar Sangindiva...

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Cayman Island Fun!


















Hey Everybody!
I'm back from the Caymans :)

I absolutely LOVE the Caymans Islands!
This was my 2nd time there.
I sang in the festival last year with
Al Jarreau and also with George Duke-
(can we say DOUBLE $$ DIP?!?)
I would have shown the pictures but I don't
feel like looking for them so...
Let's get to THIS year.. SHALL WE?

Since I had been there before- ALL and I mean ALL
of the production team remembered me!!
I couldn't believe it when I got off of the plane
and heard- "Shannon? Oh my gosh- you're back!!"
and was greeted with hugs and screams... like a
for REAL celebrity! hahaha!

Here is a photo of Me and Patrice (my island assistant)
as soon as I got off the plane...















I was cheezin' hard huh? hahaha!

Then I thought to myself - it is sooo humid!
I'd better wrap this head up before I have an
afro...

So I wrapped my head in a sarong...
before I jumped in the limo with Jeffrey...















After we checked in-
we went over to catch the rest of KEM's set.














We have done at least 5 shows with KEM,
but I always see the show from backstage.
It was interesting to see the show from the
front. I think his night was the 1st night, so
he didn't perform on the beach like the rest
of us- he was in the Ballroom.

Here I am at soundcheck on Showday-
with my friend Kim- who sings with Pebo Bryson.
She came to hang out- Hey Kim!! : )















As you can see I was make-up free and greasy...
(I've been told that look is called "the Island Glow")
I guess I had the "island glow" the WHOLE week!
















Our drummer brought his friend Marque : )

Show Night...















Me and Kim

Me and Joey backstage...














and our CLOSE-UP!!















The show was fun!
It was taped and will be shown on BET-J, I think.
You'll have to check your local listings to see when.
Since I have friends in high places (hahaha)
I've "acquired" some footage from the show.
I have to figure out how to you tube it...

I spent A LOT of time on the beach-















a lot of time hangin' out-
















and laughin'...















This girl is crazy!
She tickled me right before the picture was taken-
and said it makes the picture more "natural" hahaha!

I even hung out with Darren (from Soul Food)















He's a really nice guy...

Since a few of us stayed for a mini-vacay,
a lot of the photos I took are for my private collection...
But I'll let you see some :)















Me and Mikey (our road mgr.)















Me and Jack-o (Jeffrey's mgr)















Me -initiating Penny (Jack's wife) into the band...
by rubbing my whompies on her head : )

Yeah... fun times were had!

I had the greatest view from my balcony,
so every night I would try to catch-















A Cayman Sunset...


I am so grateful to God
for all of the wonderful blessings
I receive and live everyday-
and for wonderful friends like you to
share the experience with!

I leave tonight (Wed.) for Indianapolis, Indiana.
So have a great weekend!

Create dolls on The Doll Palace doll maker www.thedollpalace.com

SANGINDIVA~


Oh! P.S.

My girl P <----- who is apart of "TEAM SHANNON"
found this on You Tube. I didn't even know it was there!
It is a clip of me singing with George Duke in D.C. this
summer. Yay!


34 Comments:

  • At 12/05/2006 7:39 PM, Blogger P said…

    Numero Uno. . .

    Goes without saying, the pictures are beautiful as always.

    I, myself adore the Cayman Islands, and would like to honeymoon there. Have never been there, but the pictures and the visuals I have heard from those that have been are spectacular.

    Be safe!

    PS: Y da video only twenty seconds, yo, we was just getting into it!!

     
  • At 12/05/2006 7:40 PM, Blogger P said…

    Oh. . .

    Love the dress you have on when you're posing with KIM,

    AND

    You're trying to give the fellas who visit your post A WOODY with your bikini on. You look GREAT!

     
  • At 12/06/2006 12:29 AM, Blogger Angel said…

    damn you and your escapades carmen! "i'll get you my pretty..." no, but for real, i just smile and smile whenever i come to your page! it just feels good to "know" a person that is doing positive things and living a life where they are actually happy. do it, do it shannon, do it!!!! :-)

     
  • At 12/06/2006 2:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hej!
    Thanks for stopping by at my blog. You have a wonderful wonderful smile.

    Blessings!

     
  • At 12/06/2006 6:23 AM, Blogger Ms.Honey said…

    Let me find out you all over the internet LOL

    Looks like you had a blast and I feel as if I was there..which is always a plus.

    Have fun and be safe.

     
  • At 12/06/2006 6:33 AM, Blogger SomeOne said…

    ok, i absolutely have to plan a trip to that island....hmmm what is this concert, maybe I can coordinate my trip with your concert there....that would be fun

    all of a sudden i can't view youtubes at work, so I'ma have to look at this later...

     
  • At 12/06/2006 8:14 AM, Blogger BK said…

    OMG.. I want your ABS!!!! oh wait..


    Sup Sangin.. :) How you doin!!! I see you beautiful as eva.. I STILL WANT YOUR ABS... LOL

    now that clip just made me want the album more!!!! can we get some studio time for you?? I'm saying.. LOL

     
  • At 12/06/2006 9:21 AM, Blogger onefromphilly said…

    I wish I could sing... *sigh*

    The island sunset is beautiful. You look like you had a wonderful time, as usual.

    ps: The clip wasn't nearly long enough. We need the whole concert!!! Have fun in Indie

     
  • At 12/06/2006 10:19 AM, Blogger African girl, American world said…

    Shan, 2 things....

    1) Go Team Shannon!!!
    2) Um, your abs are REE-DIC-Cu-LOUS!! Oh my goodness! Janet who?

    Yay for youtube...we want more! And I need your schedule..Indiana is close to me but I need you closer Ma :)

    oh and I love Kem!

     
  • At 12/06/2006 11:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Have a safe trip....bye the way my name is Shannon. Now I know your talented.

     
  • At 12/06/2006 12:23 PM, Blogger Knockout Zed said…

    Damn! Thanks for the bikini pic.

    So...ummm, can I get initiated into the band?

    KZ

     
  • At 12/06/2006 1:29 PM, Blogger Mr.Slish said…

    Everytime I come to your blog.I feel like i'm on vacation...Make me wanna pack my shyt up and go somewhere..Your a talented sista I hope I get the chance to download one of you singles in the near future..lol Or you could send me the cd for free..he hee...

     
  • At 12/06/2006 3:21 PM, Blogger A.u.n.t. Jackie said…

    hey girl, great photos as per usual. it was great chatting last night...remember we got a new year coming on...

    you best get prepared!

     
  • At 12/06/2006 4:10 PM, Blogger Little Brown Girl said…

    YOU ARE SO FIERCE!!! I just love you Momma!!! THanks for sharing the pics...tell Jeffery that I have "THe First Time I Made Love" on regular rotation in the IPOD. That song brings me to tears even now...be safe in the INDIE and we'll be waiting for you when you return!

     
  • At 12/06/2006 6:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ooh the Cayman Islands look bee-yoo-ti-ful!! I wanna go back and snorkel there again. You look soooo relaxed and just loving life girly. Loved the pics and thanks P for the clip and yeah it wasn't long enough.

     
  • At 12/06/2006 6:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    As always you're looking FABU Chica! Glad you had fun! And hey...if you EVER need an "assistant"...holla atcha girl and I will "assist" my butt off in the Cayman's. BUT ONLY IN THE CAYMAN'S OR SOMEWHERE ELSE EQUALLY FABULOUS!

    ROFL!

     
  • At 12/07/2006 9:00 AM, Blogger TDJ said…

    Great pics! And the clip is great, but too short! Enjoy your trip to Indie.

     
  • At 12/07/2006 12:05 PM, Blogger Miz JJ said…

    You look gorgeous and you sound amazing.

     
  • At 12/07/2006 12:44 PM, Blogger Pamalicious said…

    Hey it is going to be on BET J - I just read a great article about the entire festival over on Blackvoices.

    Congrats and I must remember what you look like so I can act like I know somebody, lol

     
  • At 12/07/2006 3:28 PM, Blogger Supa said…

    Hey Diva, haven't been here in awhile but I still love you and you're still fabulous!

     
  • At 12/08/2006 8:30 PM, Blogger Mocha said…

    lemme find out sangin' has a damn 6 pack! LOL. Look great as always, glad to see you're still doing well.

    Peace

     
  • At 12/09/2006 11:10 AM, Blogger Miguel Harper said…

    CHECKOUT MA BLOG, www.miguel-harper.blogspot.com

     
  • At 12/11/2006 1:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh my goodness! That sunset picture is too beautiful. This is SO where I need to be right now. And as always, the pics are SO FABULOUS!

     
  • At 12/11/2006 8:41 AM, Blogger Lāā said…

    You look like you had a ball, as always, in the Caymans. I need to be with you there, cause when I went I didn't like it too much, must not have been in the good spots. I'm jealous of your six pack.

     
  • At 12/11/2006 9:09 AM, Blogger SLUMP FACADE said…

    Great pics, as usual and I shall reserve your copy. Must be nice to travel around the world on an Award Tour with Muhammad my man going each and every place with the mic in your hand; New York, Dallas, Tokyo...

    Keep me posted about the platinum voice!!!

     
  • At 12/11/2006 10:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Man, you can find anything on YouTube. I wish the video was longer. The song was definitely good!!

    I want to go to the Caymans!!

     
  • At 12/11/2006 12:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Damn you sangin! you always gotta look fab and glam even with the greasy "island glow" huh? loving the pics and bod mamita!! lovely!

     
  • At 12/11/2006 4:36 PM, Blogger -_- said…

    Hi Diva!
    You look wonderful, as usual.

    Thanks so much for the compliment, I really appreciate it!

    And I'm glad for that YouTubage...can't wait to get your album on iTunes!!! When will that happen? A MySpace page at least! :o)

     
  • At 12/15/2006 8:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love the Cayman Islands...did you get to see the Turtles?

    And go on hot mama....I see you rocking that bikini with the Janet abs.....

     
  • At 12/15/2006 12:17 PM, Blogger TTD said…

    go head girly!!!! i c-ya up there doing ur thing!!!

    i wish i could go to the cayman's...

    now let me return the compliment to you... you are really pretty!!!

    my mom loves kem.. how was the performance??

     
  • At 12/16/2006 2:28 PM, Blogger Darbs said…

    *sigh* I'm jealous...that pic of the sunset is absolutely amazing!!!

    "Island Glow" suits you mama!!!

    Now I'm REALLY mad that I missed your show in DC...when you comin' back??? You sounded/looked fabulous!!!

     
  • At 12/19/2006 8:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    HELLOOOOOOOOOOO??????????? IS THIS THING WORKING?

     
  • At 12/23/2006 4:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Looks like you had alot of fun! These photos are really nice. I can't wait to visit a tropical island! Anyone will do!

    Happy Holidays!

     
  • At 7/12/2007 9:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I don't know if I'm comfortable with all those guys holding you so close in all those pictures... makes me feel kinda funny... (breathe, Kyron)

    So when do I get to take pictures with the Ms. Illustrious Sangin' Diva? I sure do miss our heart to hearts. See you soon. Do you.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home