The Diva Book

A real life behind the scenes look at the life of the International Superstar Sangindiva...

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

AUDIO BLOG!! AUDIO BLOG!!! : )





















powered by ODEO

(PRESS THE GRAY TRIANGLE)


Hi Everybody!!

I MISS YOU!!!

I have gotten all of the e-mails, texts, IM's and phone calls :)
I even got 4 e-mails asking me what my talking voice
sounds like...
um, o.k. : ) hahaha!
because of this- in addition to my pictures-
I am doing an audio blog!!!

















I had to hurry up and blog
before yall started throwing stones!!!


So where did I leave off?


















Oh yeah... N. Carolina.

Wow! That was so long ago...
Of course the show went well!

Here are some pics from that show:
(You can always click on any pic to enlarge)















(Jeffrey Osborne, Bill Sharpe, Me, Tony Maiden)

I so *heart* Tony Maiden!!
Not only is he a GEMINI genius-
He plays that guitar so great it's just...
other worldly!!













Tony is the founder of the group
that put Chaka on the map- Rufus.
That's him in the hat from back in the day...















You can also catch these two (Bill and Tony)
playing with Dave Koz- for all you smooth jazzers.

Moving On...

You know the Sangindiva is a workaholic-
If I am not on the road I am singing SOMEWHERE!
It doesn't matter what genre of music-
country, pop, rock , gospel, jazz etc.-I do it!
So on my few "days off " I was in the studio :)
I've been working with Hip-Hop artists in English...















(Crazy Cuz, Me, Butch Cassidy)


ANNND in Spanish! (Siempre Representando!!!)















(The Homegirl Flakiss and Crew)

Flakiss is crazy popular in the Latin hip- hop circles
and is working on album #3.


Let's see what else...

Oh! then I had a show in Miami.















(Me waking up from a nap in my trailer)
















The show was at this HUGE plantation mansion,
and the weather was like Cali (in the fall!!)
HOT and BEAUTIFUL!! Can you say 85 degrees!
The set up was right on the water...
Oh! the stories I could tell!! hahaha!


















But I won't! : )

A few of my friends were at this show too,
but this is the only picture I took because
I was tryin' to get my party on...




















THEN...

Because of all of the tours
(Fantasia, Jamie Foxx, Ne-yo etc.)
that are being put together right now
EVERYBODY (and I mean EVERYBODY)
from producers to superstars-
is in L.A. for rehearsals...
When all of the working musicians in L.A.
come home we PARTY!!












The other night after our rehearsals
we went to Cozy's in Sherman Oaks, CA.
And turned it into an all-star Jam session!
We took turns playing and singing. It was magical.

I won't even TRY to post all my pics
but I'll hip you to my main crew...















(Me and George Johnson)
GREAT drummer-Known him since we were 15,
the first one in our crew to turn pro-I was the second!!
And we toured w/ Patti Labelle together.
He currently plays with Fantasia.















(Me and Felix "dat Kat")

I heart Felix!! He is so sweet! A great drummer
who currently plays for Lionel Richie.
We've done a few stateside shows in the jazz world.
















(Me and Dave B!!!)

I knew Dave but really got to know him
when we were with Anthony Hamilton.
Hey is a FANTASTIC keyboard player and still plays w/Ant.
Oh! the road stories I could tell... but I won't!















Gorden Campbell (taking his turn @ Cozy's)

MAN! Gordo and I have traveled the WORLD together!
Denmark, Russia, Japan...the list could go on for days!
Oh the stories I could tell!! Gordo works with EVERYBODY!
He currently is Neyo's M.D. and is also M.D. for
Jessica Simpson.















(Me, Jubu (in grey)and Eric (in blue) Smith)

Jubu -guitar and Eric bass-are brothers.
I met Jubu @ a George Duke album session,
I know E from Lalah Hathaway's Band.
I forget who Jubu is playing for right now,
But E is with Lalah and Fantasia- Work that double dip E!!
















Me and Monet'

In this male dominated business-
I'm glad I have a homie in crime...Miss Monet'!!
This girl can sing her butt off! And she's from the bay too!
(Oaktown HOLLA!!) She currently is with Goapole.
















(Chaz, Me and Day-Day)

Chaz and I go way back... our mothers know each other.
You guys might know him as an actor-
but ol' boy can SANG 4 REAL!
(Speaking of acting- Make sure to catch him tonight
(Mon. 11/21/06)on that new series "The Game" w/the Maury twin.)
Day-Day is my homie and a great drummer too!
Dang! I forget who is playing for... I wanna say
Bobbie Valentino but don't quote me.

O.k.








I hope you all forgive me for not blogging.
I will be around reading, catching up,
and saying hello so that you know I still love yall.

Create dolls on The Doll Palace doll maker www.thedollpalace.com

SANGINDIVA~

24 Comments:

  • At 11/20/2006 5:16 AM, Blogger sweetie kia said…

    Hey,
    Miss ya Gurl! Glad to see you are working aaaaannnnnnddddd having fun. Happy Thanksgiving...enjoy the holiday....you have so much to be thankful for. God IS good all the time.

     
  • At 11/20/2006 5:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Girl you are just doing it so big! Keep having fun.........don't let blogging get in the way of the party. LOL

    Have a Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

     
  • At 11/20/2006 8:38 AM, Blogger SLUMP FACADE said…

    Its about time you're back in Blogville, great pics as usual. If you keep up the grind eventually you'll be on MTV2 and I'll be downloading your cd - I know it will be HOT!!!

     
  • At 11/20/2006 9:56 AM, Blogger SomeOne said…

    glad your back, as beautiful as you are, i was gettin tired of seeing that pic at the top of your page....

    dang girl you are doing it real big...versitle..I like that... :)

     
  • At 11/20/2006 11:23 AM, Blogger African girl, American world said…

    I was looking forward to the audio blog but theres an error :(

    ok no more death threats..this post made up for it :)

     
  • At 11/20/2006 12:03 PM, Blogger BK said…

    Gurl.. if you ain't been busy!!! LOL.. OMG I'm looking at these pictures like dats da dude from lionel's band.. oh wait ain't he wit anthony hamilton.. and here u go quoting LOL mad love girl.. Imma need you to send me YO AUTOGRAPH for my scrapbook :) LOL

    stay blessed diva.. trust and believe it is your time!! and yes wasn't chaz kimmie's simple ass boyfriend on da parkers??? LMAO.. so brother can sang??? Lemme find out!!! :) good deal

    well as beautiful as ever.. I know your son is so proud of his mommy!!!!

     
  • At 11/20/2006 12:14 PM, Blogger Mr.Slish said…

    I came I saw and YOU ROCK!! Hey why Jeffrey Osborne always looking tipsy in those pics..Question all this traveling you ain't find your self a love slave yet? lol

     
  • At 11/20/2006 12:29 PM, Blogger Miz JJ said…

    Welcome back chica. You have some pictures of some real cuties up now. I like it! Lol.

     
  • At 11/20/2006 12:38 PM, Blogger Little Brown Girl said…

    Welcome back Momma...YOU SO FLY!!! I love reading about your life. It's so inspiring. You're blessed not just with a beautiful talent but with an exciting vibrant life. Keep making it happen...and letting us know all about it!!!

     
  • At 11/20/2006 12:39 PM, Blogger Ms.Honey said…

    I love coming by here and lookin at the pics as well as reading LOL...85 degrees..next time I promise I'm gonna find you so I can get in your suitcase...have a wonderful HOLIDAY!!!

     
  • At 11/20/2006 5:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Guess you got that brick I threw in your window huh? ROFL!

    Good seeing ya face Chica! I'm glad you're enjoying the hell outta life! Go head girl!

     
  • At 11/20/2006 6:04 PM, Blogger A.u.n.t. Jackie said…

    hey pretty lady!

    i miss doing that hollywood thang with you, we're gonna have to take our show on the road...

    durty vegas baby!!

     
  • At 11/20/2006 9:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It looks like you have been moving and busy!! Definitely keep enjoying it!!

     
  • At 11/20/2006 10:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ok all is well! You are forgiven and keep doing ya thang Diva.

     
  • At 11/20/2006 11:02 PM, Blogger Angel said…

    your ass be on mre fantastic voyages than coolio!!!! all im saying is, how can i be down!?!? i mean, can i just bring you a bottle of water or something?

     
  • At 11/21/2006 1:52 AM, Blogger eclectik said…

    You certainly have all the fun..what I life you lead.

    I want to know about all the stories you could but WONT tell LOL

    Good to see you're back for the time being...look forward to the next adventure recap.

    (Damn gray Triangle dont work)

    e.

    eclectik-relaxation.com

    The Messageboard

     
  • At 11/21/2006 9:28 AM, Blogger Rashan Jamal said…

    Whoo Hoo!!! She's back. I thought you left us little people for a life of superstardom. Great to see all your adventures again.

     
  • At 11/21/2006 11:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    HOORAY! So glad to see you're back. I got SOOOO tired of seeing Tuesday Tales everytime I came to your page. LOL

    You been one BUSY lady! Looks like you been having much fun. I'm almost jealous. I so WISH I could sing with my poor tone deaf self. Hee Hee!

    Anyway, glad to see you're back and I wish you a wonderfully relaxing and HappyThanksgiving.

    oh yeah...
    That gray triangle doesn't work for me either. Booo! Smile

     
  • At 11/21/2006 11:53 AM, Blogger onefromphilly said…

    When you get that grey triangle thingy working, could you grace us with a few bars of whatever you feel like singing??? Pretty please??

    And keep on doin the dayum thing Diva!!

     
  • At 11/21/2006 5:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    There you are!

    I didn't email or anything because I've been kinda missing in action myself lately...

     
  • At 11/21/2006 5:52 PM, Blogger Mocha said…

    Hey girl,

    You're just as bad as me! Looking great as usual!!!

     
  • At 11/21/2006 6:14 PM, Blogger nikki said…

    okay, so rufus is one of my favorite bands of ALL TIME!

    love those photos! man, you surround yourself with the most attractive chocolate drops!

     
  • At 11/28/2006 11:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Girl I ABSOLUTELY adore Jeffrey Osborne!!! All time favorite male singer.

    Diva YOU are doing your thang!!

     
  • At 11/29/2006 2:20 PM, Blogger P said…

    It's always a pleasure (guilty), to read of your exploits.

    I am so happy that you are doing well and living out your dreams.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home