The Diva Book

A real life behind the scenes look at the life of the International Superstar Sangindiva...

Sunday, February 26, 2006

Tokyo Tales (part 2)

Visit The Doll Palace [Where Cartoon Dolls Live]

O.K.
Pull up a chair while I pick up where I left off...

So after I came back from Ginza-
The band and I went to the Blue Note Tokyo
to see the Tower of Power play their set.
This was an experience I did not want to pass up and
I'm so glad I didn't-It was AWESOME!!!
They are such a great band and the guys are cool too.
Because I'm an Oakland Girl (OAKTOWN HOLLA!!!)
I have an extra special affinity for Tower...
When they played Oakland stroke I lost it!!
The horn section was ON it- ANNNND...
You're still a young man (baaaaby...ooohh) is the
absolute JAM! ( Holla at cha' girl ILL!! )

Here are a few pics from backstage after the show.


(Larry Braggs-The Lead singer)


(Roger Smith-The Keyboard/Organist)


(Francis "Rocco" Prestia-The Bass player- Original Memeber!)


(Jeffrey Osborne, Kevin Chokan (guitarist), Larry Braggs, Roger Smith and ME!)



After I left the Blue Note I hooked back up with
my friends and we headed over to a city called Shibuya.
Maru says it is the city where the young, artsy and eclectic hang out.

(Me, Maru and our peace signs hahaha!)



Once a month there's a huge Jam session for all
musicians. You bring your instrument (if you play) and everyone
takes turns Jammin' with each other.





I met a lot of musicians from the Tokyo music scene and lots
of American musicians as well. It was a really cool hang.

Here are more pics


(Me, Maru and Shauna Marie-Pochi's Girlfriend)


(The Butterfly Crew :) Olivia, Me, Maru and Shauna Marie)


(Carin-The Japanese Erykah Badu and Me)


(Taku, Carin, Maru, Shauna Marie, Me and Tommy Campbell
the "Bombest" drummer in Japan!!!)

I gotta give a shout out to Queen Bamby Jonez *bka* Candy Ass!!!
This girl is a gas... and beans!!! LUV HER!!!

(Candy Boob and Candy Ass hahahaha!!!)

Now I might have forgotten to mention that we jammed all night-
LITERALLY.
We didn't leave my hotel until about 1:45 in the morning.
And in true musician style when we left the JAM it was 7am the next day :)
So what's left to do but go get food!!??!
Here we are clowin' at Jonathan's- which is like our Denny's but
Japanese style. Notice how I'm in NONE of these photos-
I will NEVER let the camera see me lookin' crazy on purpose!!!


(Soshi and Pochi... "MOTERIO" *inside joke*)


( The Diva Hannah who opened for the "real" Erykah Badu
when she played Japan)


(uh... PEACE?? hahaha!)

Before I go-
I've got to send love to my friend MAYUMI!

She comes to see the shows when ever I play Japan,
she brings me beautiful gifts and is a great friend :)
She also teaches English in Japan and tells me that her
students read and love my blog...HELLO CLASS!!!

Aiight... I'm out!

Visit The Doll Palace [Where Cartoon Dolls Live]

Sangindiva~

3 Comments:

  • At 2/27/2006 1:17 PM, Blogger ILL said…

    HA HA!!!!

    You Know ILL Got Love for You....

     
  • At 2/27/2006 2:29 PM, Blogger Supa said…

    Wonderful wonderful! Feels like we're right there, "hangin'" too. :)

    (I'm lovin' the Japanese Erykah Badu.)

     
  • At 4/21/2006 1:28 AM, Blogger Tracie P. said…

    speaking of ms. badu, what happened to her?

    i miss live music...i lived in austin for almost 10 years and i miss it!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home