The Diva Book

A real life behind the scenes look at the life of the International Superstar Sangindiva...

Saturday, April 01, 2006

bRandy TAGGGED ME!!!












All right... I have Miss. bRandy to thank for this tag:)
I know it has been going around-
but I was officially CALLED OUT!
This is my first time ever being tagged officially :)


Before I start I must give mention to two of my other bloggin' fam...

Ms. Nikki and my boo T-Casanova!!
I damn near fell in love with T-Cass's post
because he incorporated my 1st love... MUSIC!
And Nikki 'cause she's da homie :)
Here we go!



10 Attributes Of My Perfect Lover/Mate:
(In no particular order)


1. He must LOVE me

Most people think this would go without saying-
but a lot of times we find ourselves involved with
someone who doesn't love us. A loveless relationship
is not only one sided... it's WACK!

2. Must be intelligent

Not just book smart, although that's cool-
he needs to have the 6th sense called common...
Be able to stimulate my mind and hold a decent
conversation. Have thoughts and opinions-
even if they don't mirror my own.

3. Have an emotional balance

I love for a man to be "manly", but at the same time
understand that I am his woman- not his enemy.
I would like for him to know that it's cool
for us to share times of emotional intimacy.
For him to know that Anger is not the only emotion
a man can have and it's o.k. to let his guard down.
It won't make me love him less or lose respect.

4. Must be HONEST

Tell the truth instead of lying-
even if the truth will create conflict between us.
be honest in your life by being who you REALLY are.
Let me love the real you not the one you THINK I want you to be.


5. Make time for us

This is important to me.
It's important for him to make our relationship/family
a priority in his life. Everyone makes time for
what they feel is important. No matter how
busy they are. Spending time doesn't always mean
going out- it could be holding hands as we talk and
walk the dog or kissin' my neck before we take a nap...

6. Be willing to grow/change

(bRandy- I couldn't have said it better!)
just as I want someone who challenges me, I
also want someone who wants to be challenged.
someone who sees their shortcomings not as failures or embarrassments,
but as opportunities for growth. someone who allows me the space to say
that I am unhappy with something they have done or something in the relationship...
and want to fix what's broken, not take it as a personal attack.
someone who desires to be told when they are not stepping up to the plate
and doing all they can to chase their dreams
or get what they desire or deserve in a given situation.
basically, someone who is strong enough
to want someone strong by their side and not feel threatened.

7. Laughter/Fun

I like my relationship with a HUGE slice of FUN!
I want us to be able to laugh WITH and AT each other.
There is nothing wrong with having fun & being silly.
Chase me around the house :) Whip out the UNO cards!
Lets team up on the homies in Dominoes!
Why be with someone you can't stand??

8. Trust/Communication

I put these two together because they go hand in hand.
When you trust someone-
you open up and go beneath the surface.
You can only get there through communication.
The kind of talks that go waaay beyond how was
your day...
I want the "us against the world" type of love
that only comes from communication and trust.


(Nikki took the words out of my head with this one)

9. Must not let me get away with shit.

He has to have a certain amount of insight
into my behavior and motivations
and be willing to call me out on it-when I'm trippin'.
He will see through all of the bullshit I throw his way
and tell me that's exactly what it is...bullshit.
He will push me when he sees I need that push.
in other words- really 'get' me and not be afraid
to check me when necessary.


10. Must have a relationship with God

What ever you call the higher power who created us,
(I call him Jesus) have a personal spiritual connection with it.
Believing that God is love and strive to live a life which
reflects this fact.


O.k. I could write 50 more-but 10 is realistic!

I'm taggin':

Sweetie Kia, Isha,
Prince Curry and Miss Ahmad










Sangindiva~

11 Comments:

  • At 4/01/2006 10:28 AM, Blogger Darbs said…

    This is a GREAT exercise for us women. We must understand and demand what it is that we want and need from our mates. NEVER SETTLE!!

     
  • At 4/02/2006 6:25 AM, Blogger TTD said…

    good list!

     
  • At 4/03/2006 5:14 AM, Blogger nikki said…

    this list is GREAT! and i'm with darbs...it definitely gives a person clarity on his or her wants when creating a list like this. it makes easier for us not to settle.

     
  • At 4/03/2006 8:22 AM, Blogger SomeOne said…

    you gotta know what you want to get what you want

     
  • At 4/03/2006 8:36 AM, Blogger Miz JJ said…

    If you don't stand for something you'll fall for everything. Having an idea of the qualities you would like to have in a man will help you recognize him when you see him.

     
  • At 4/03/2006 3:13 PM, Blogger Rashan Jamal said…

    I'm digging this list, sangin diva. Sounds like you know what you want in a mate. I think you should write a song based on this post and then put it on your blog. LOL. I just wanna hear you sing some more.

     
  • At 4/03/2006 3:21 PM, Blogger A.u.n.t. Jackie said…

    whew that wasn't as easy as expected, but since this whole year has been an exercise and looking deeper...it was a good quarterly check in:-)

    Missed you this weekend girl, we'll have to plan another blogger meeting while you are not on the road!

     
  • At 4/03/2006 8:47 PM, Blogger Freaky Deaky said…

    Great list and clear explanations. It's something everyone should do periodically. So many people think they know what they want but when it's actually presented to them in a person they go for someone completely different. It's good to have a road map/checklist.

     
  • At 4/03/2006 10:45 PM, Blogger Angel said…

    "Must not let me get away with shit.

    He has to have a certain amount of insight
    into my behavior and motivations
    and be willing to call me out on it-when I'm trippin'.
    He will see through all of the bullshit I throw his way
    and tell me that's exactly what it is...bullshit.
    He will push me when he sees I need that push.
    in other words- really 'get' me and not be afraid
    to check me when necessary."

    CO-MUTHA-TRUCKIN'-SIGN!!!!!!! :)

     
  • At 4/04/2006 9:35 AM, Blogger Supa said…

    Missed ya Ms. Diva!! Wish you coulda been there.. :)

    Bout to go read your post. Free tagged me with this one, too!

    Roll by my spot, more details....:)

     
  • At 4/04/2006 5:28 PM, Blogger bRandy said…

    LOVE the one about not letting you get away with shit...and the FUN--you are SO right!!

    by the way, i listened to your songs, and they were very nice--your voice is great. (and you know i mean it if i say it cause i have my own personal songbird and favorite singing artist with me everyday--one who often makes me feel like other singers don't even exist-- so i'm a tough critic for anyone else for sure!) :o) your voice and your songs were hot.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home