The Diva Book

A real life behind the scenes look at the life of the International Superstar Sangindiva...

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

TAKE TIME... MAKE TIME... REALIZE

Visit The Doll Palace [Where Cartoon Dolls Live]

I had a hard time deciding what I was going to write about today.
Maybe I was letting the pressure of writing everyday get to me.
I feel like a journalist with a deadline. I don't see how people do it...

I decided this was my rest week because I'm about to go back on the road-
but this is also my "keep it real week" because reality is what we need.
At first I was going to be witty and funny- but my spirits are low
because I'm grieving.

I woke up to a text message saying a good friend of mine had died.
She died from a blood clot that traveled from her lung to her heart.
WTF??? SERIOUSLY??!!??

Now I know death is a reality and inevitable, but the death of my friend
took me completely by surprise and caught me off guard.
I mean, she wasn't rowdy. She wasn't a street runna'...
She had just graduated from college.
We were "Secret Santa's" to each other at Christmas,
we bought each other the same gift (and didn't know it),
we both screamed in happiness when we found out we got the same thing
('cause we both LOVE bath & body works).
WE were the two youngest in our online clique...
She would tease me about beating me out of the "baby" spot.
We were friends... we were SISTAZ...

DAMN.
In two days she would have been 25.

She leaves behind:
A 2 year old son-who will probably not remember her,
A mother who not only lost her only daughter- but also her best friend,
AND friends-like me- who loved and will miss her.

Her death really drove home the fact that tomorrow is not promised-
and that life is fragile, precious and NOT guaranteed.

TAKE TIME to do something that celebrates you seeing another day.
MAKE TIME to appreciate GOD for his ultimate gift- LIFE.
REALIZE how blessed you are... and be grateful.


*Iyesha*

Happy Birthday Baby Girl- R.I.P.

Sangindiva~

8 Comments:

  • At 3/15/2006 10:01 AM, Blogger bRandy said…

    just wanted to let you know that i am very sorry to hear about your friend. i often fear death...not my own, but my loved ones. i do so, not because i don't realize that their lives in heaven will far exceed their lives here, but because i know that i will miss them and i really have no experience with that type of grief yet. i worry about how i will react the first time, as i have made it (both fortunately and unfortunately) to 26 years old without yet experiencing the passing of someone close to me. Most people have some sort of experience to draw from by the time they reach this age...I fear that because I don't, i may have some sort of extreme reaction (or more extreme than would seem necessary). But then I look at the people that I surround myself with--you having become one of them--and I look at their strength and ability to both grieve and function...and then I know that everything will be ok when my time comes...
    thanks for the post! and thanks for your beautiful comment on my blog--which, by the way, felt a bit like a poem itself my dear! :)
    -Brandy

     
  • At 3/15/2006 11:18 AM, Blogger BK said…

    Diva.. TRUST.. your girlfriends son will remember her.. He may not remember the things YOU do but he will remember his mother ALWAYS.. and with her being her mom's best friend.. her memory will NEVER die..

    Sorry for your loss.. but here is a big ole hug!!! I know what its like to lose a friend.. lost my best friend at 16.. I think I just got over it really just before I turned 30.. eventhough I celebrate our birthday's all the time..

    Trust when I say heart issues are serious.. we need to take better care of ourselves physically and mentally.. I had a heart attack at 29.. CHANGED MY LIFE.. and I didn't think I had any issues then.. I was fortunate.. spread the word.. because as women of color we DON'T ask the questions we need to ask of our doctors.. and don't demand the preliminary tests.. hugs girl..

    and I need some music LOL

     
  • At 3/15/2006 12:56 PM, Blogger Miz JJ said…

    It's so hard when a friend dies young and fast. My friend had a pre-existing heart condition nobody knew about(they found out during the autopsy). Her stopped in her sleep. It makes you thankful for everyday and makes you realize how fleeting this life can be. Be strong for her family and at the same time lean on your friends and family for support.

     
  • At 3/15/2006 1:40 PM, Blogger A.u.n.t. Jackie said…

    sorry for your loss. take the time you need to be good to yourself, healing is a process!

     
  • At 3/15/2006 9:53 PM, Blogger Butta said…

    I am so saddened by your loss and by your heartfelt message. My prayers go out to you and your friend's family during this difficult time.

     
  • At 3/16/2006 5:38 AM, Blogger NegroPino™ said…

    R.i.p...THE GOOD DIE YOUNG...im realizing that now......In know way is LIFe fair but thats why you need to live it to the fullest. DOn't take the small things for granted. ANd celebrate her LIFE not her death and all the lives she touched. THat has truly helped me get thru my ordeal. ((((HUGS)))

     
  • At 3/16/2006 6:06 AM, Blogger chele said…

    That is so sad. 25? I am so sorry. Look to God for comfort and strength. Why is that times like these always force us to really appreciate all that we have?

     
  • At 3/16/2006 3:48 PM, Blogger Supa said…

    Hugs and Prayers to you, SD. I'm soooo sorry to hear about this. Losses like this can shake one to the core. Like Ms. Ahmad said: Healing is a process.

    Be kind to yourself, honor your emotions, and just...try.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home