The Diva Book

A real life behind the scenes look at the life of the International Superstar Sangindiva...

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

WHOOO SAAAAAHH...
















O.K.
If ANYbody needs a WHOO-SAAAH moment right now-
it is me! I have just gotten home... but not really :)
I am in the states but still have a few more shows
(CA, AL and NY) before I sit for a bit. (hey that rhymed!)



So after Florida I hopped on a plane to Trinidad and Tobago
















Here are some window shots:

It looks so beautiful in the air...


















And the mountains- so lush and green
God is amazing...















As I said before-
I have been doing a bad job lately of
keeping up with my pictures :(
I didn't really take any in Trini this time.
I was um... busy :)
There is a video going around the band
of me doing the electric slide AND
the soul train line at a club...
but I am hoping it has been erased by now :)
(If not- can a sista get a copy??!)

Here is a photo of something pretty from Carnival.
I don't know if it was a headdress or something from
a float... but it was huge! It was in the lobby.
















Then after Trinidad I went to Puerto Rico...
it was 3 hours by plane. I was so tired that I
slept the whole time and only woke up to snap us coming in.

















Then...
just when we think we are going to land...















The Pilot MISSES THE RUNWAY (WTF!!!)
and we speed up to take off and try again...
















Yeah... I needed some rum after that one :)

The next day I flew to Sacramento, CA
to do the Annual Urban League Ball.
It was very, ah, corporate...
(Black tie-28 piece orchestra.)

Aiight family,

I'm tired so I'm out :)










Sangindiva~

14 Comments:

  • At 4/04/2006 10:58 PM, Blogger Butta said…

    And what were you "busy" doing in Trini, Miss Thang? LOL

    Glad that you survived that aborted PR landing to blog about it. Lawd have mercy! You deserved an entire bottle of rum after that mess.

    Enjoy your woo-zah moment, girl. Looking forward to hearing about the reast of your travels and what you were "busy" doing. ;-)

     
  • At 4/05/2006 6:47 AM, Blogger bRandy said…

    Welcome back girl! glad you made it everywhere you were going (and back) safely!

     
  • At 4/05/2006 7:04 AM, Blogger SomeOne said…

    glad you made it to your desinations safely....get some rest, but when you get up, u've been tagged, lol

     
  • At 4/05/2006 7:31 AM, Blogger Lāā said…

    I know a guy from Trini and...well um I would have been 'busy' too! Glad you made it to all of your destinations safely.

     
  • At 4/05/2006 7:56 AM, Blogger Darbs said…

    Thanks for taking us along...the pics are beautiful (reminds me of my time in Jamaica and St. Lucia).

    Glad you got back home safely...hope you can get some "REAL" rest soon.

    Laa: I'm feeling you on that...I was very good friends/kinda dated a Trini guy when I was in college...WHOA!

     
  • At 4/05/2006 8:39 AM, Blogger Miz JJ said…

    I was going to ask the same thing as butta. Trinidad is the place to be 'busy'. That looks like a carnival costume so you'd be lugging that big thing down the streets of PoS with you. Lol. You should go back for carnival. It's the best time. I am hoping to make it there next year.

     
  • At 4/06/2006 8:12 AM, Blogger A.u.n.t. Jackie said…

    get your diva thug on girl! i hope you got you some jump up while in Trini...some of my favorite men hail from that Island.

     
  • At 4/06/2006 10:16 AM, Blogger Angel said…

    damn, d i need to head to trinidad too?

     
  • At 4/07/2006 6:18 AM, Blogger Butta said…

    You've been tagged, miss thang. ;)

     
  • At 4/07/2006 4:24 PM, Blogger Supa said…

    Welcome back!!

    Ohhh...and that little airplane stunt woulda had me USELESS for about 24 hours. I can't get on a plane without some XANAX!! Flying (well, crashing) is one of my serious phobias!!

    Anyway - Wasn't Trini your "vacation" spot, or where you working?? At any rate, enjoy, and try to get some rest, love!

     
  • At 4/07/2006 8:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Welcome back girl! Oh, I just listened to the songs,
    F-I-E-R-C-E
    you better work girl!

     
  • At 4/09/2006 5:39 AM, Blogger TTD said…

    how d hell he miss the runway?? i woulda been freaking out! at least you finally landed safe.

    i know ur tired, but the bright side is that you only have 3 more stops and then your home!!

     
  • At 4/17/2006 1:38 PM, Blogger Nika Laqui said…

    This pics are beautiful.

     
  • At 4/18/2006 1:42 PM, Blogger the prisoner's wife said…

    wow, i wish i was going to Trinidad right about now.

    i pray all of your travels are safe!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home